Welcome to my asylum for ideas and thoughts on movies, politics, culture, and all things Bruce Springsteen.

Saturday, September 25, 2010

9/25 - Whole Lotta Bonzo, The Big 500!

Spun Led Zeppelin (runes), Houses of the Holy and Physical Graffiti to recognize the thirtieth anniversary of the passing of John Henry Bonham, the greatest, most thunderous drummer in rock history. Half that time, fifteen years ago, I lost a friend on this date due to a congenital heart defect that the doctors only knew about post-mortem. Today I think of him and his family, whom I love dearly.

This marks my five hundredth post here. A labor of love. I long for the days I was spending an hour or two researching and ranting about all sorts of issues or raving and drooling about music. Mostly now it's navel-gazing (even moreso) but still I find that I write my diary for others to snoop through and enjoy a hint that someone's been here. Let's hope I hit my thousandth post soon.

Happy birthday tomorrow to George Gershwin, Olivia Newton-John, my sister-in-law Gretchen Taylor. Let's hope that everyone has a wonderful day as their odometers flip.

|