Welcome to my asylum for ideas and thoughts on movies, politics, culture, and all things Bruce Springsteen.

Monday, September 06, 2010

Same Time, Next Year

Must report to Superior Court tomorrow after being excused in June. Same nerves. Same fears. I don't care if I get out of work; it's the trouble, the hassle, the headache of trucking in over an hour away for something other "peers" can decide. Should I bring my papers to grade? My Bible to keep on my lap? Crime and Punishment or East of Eden? At least I get a day "off" tomorrow...

I did this for a while in 2008 and early 2009 and enjoyed doing, so I'd like to restart: my listening habits. They haven't changed very much, but remember, evolution takes eons, right? The albums played in their entirety today:

Black Crowes - Croweology, disc two (a pretty dumb album title; jury's still out (no pun intended) on the album's significance).
Billy Joel - Turnstiles (Angry Young Man - feeling it this morning)
BJ - The Stranger (who else captured 70s cynicism like Billy Joel?)
Bruce - Devils & Dust (it's the stories, man, the stories)
Jakob Dylan - Women & Country (still not sure why I bought the album; lackluster songs)
Dexter Gordon - Our Man In Paris (NOT lackluster, though hard to listen to when the Cubbies are at bat)
Tift Merritt - See You On the Moon (in love with Tift, even when the album hasn't quite hit me like her first three studio releases)
Burritos - Further Along... (just about right, man, for 1969-1970)

The A's are still in second while stinking, the Cubbies are improving and the Giants are just about in first place. Wish I had the Mellencamp album to listen to for tomorrow's commute. My brother starts school tomorrow and I wish him the best. Two days of house cleaning extended to three, with some wonderful company of our neighbors, whom have become our closest and best friends. My two youngest children decided last night to start swimming without their "floaty suits" and are busily put-putting around the pool in various degrees. My oldest is acting his age and handling his emotions better. Ah, what a difference three days make...

There's still thirtysomething, which has not left my mind a day in the last year. When the time's right...

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

|