Welcome to my asylum for ideas and thoughts on movies, politics, culture, and all things Bruce Springsteen.

Wednesday, September 08, 2010

9/8

How can the A's, Cubs and Giants all lose while the Padres win? Whatever. One of those days I question whether I entered the right profession. Am I the only one who's ever had one of those days? I need a shot of confidence right now to make it to the quarter break. Spinning today:

Buffalo Springfield: epon., Again - man, the music's dated but it's really good for formative, mid-60s rock. Just too bad we never heard from any of the musicians again.
Eric Clapton: From the Cradle - I once worshipped this guy and still revere his ability to tear into a solo. This is probably his best release of his "mature" career and I'm not sure he's done anything nearly as good since.
Bob Dylan - Planet Waves. I totally don't get this album and yet love it. Maybe because it's Bob.
Waylon Jennings - Dreaming My Dreams. Not his best but still a great album. Where is country music like this today?
Bruce - Magic. Haven't spun this in a long time. Excellent. Many topical songs now showing age already but Girls In Their Summer Clothes still one of the best songs he's EVER recorded.
Zep - Physical Grafitt. Side Three absolutely epic.
Joe Lovano - Joyous Encounter.
Herbie Hancock - Maiden Voyage. Killer.
Benny Goodman - Greatest Hits (RCA Victor)

What's going to happen in the midterms? Honestly, I'm so burned out, I just don't care.

|