Welcome to my asylum for ideas and thoughts on movies, politics, culture, and all things Bruce Springsteen.

Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Sonny Days I Hope Will Never End

Happy 80th birthday to the Saxophone Colossus, Mr. Sonny Rollins. I've cracked many keys over my love for this man's muse and music. What a milestone (no pun intended) to reach, especially for someone who's faced and conquered many demons, something that did not often happen in his line of work. His albums will make up my entire evening's listening. I'd love to catch him one more time but will simply savor my one time in 2004.

No jury duty, thank goodness. Took an hour and a half to Martinez this morning and stuck around two hours. Came home and caught up on all my school work. Will plow through more of East of Eden for class. End of the month trip looking good, too. Here's to a good night of rest.

What's spinning:
Drive By Truckers - The Big To-Do
Southside Johnny - Hearts of Stone
Van - Beautiful Vision
Sonny - The Bridge, Saxophone Colossus. Plan to spin The Sound of Sonny, Tenor Madness and maybe Plus 4. Happy Birthday, Newk.

|