Welcome to my asylum for ideas and thoughts on movies, politics, culture, and all things Bruce Springsteen.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Happy Birthday!

To one of the coolest movies ever made, Cameron Crowe's Almost Famous. It was released on this date, ten years ago. It made its debut in Fresno the next day, in which some of my best friends and I caught it. That'll be tomorrow, after my beautiful wife and I watch it. For the four millionth time.

What have I been listening to? Stillwater! Actually, all this week, I've been listening to the soundtrack. Not the official one, mind you but the one I (with some GREAT help from a dear friend, Stephen Dutcher of Fresno) compiled, of every song from the film. Even the stupid Chipmunk song. Fifty-five songs on three discs, four hours in length, as they appeared in the film. It's about the best soundtrack to any movie. Can't hurt that the last three songs are Led Zeppelin's The Rain Song, Bron-Yr-Aur and Tangerine, in that order. That, and Miles Davis and the Jazz Giants, with dates from 1954 and 1956. Choice.

Thank you, Cameron.

Labels: , ,

|