Welcome to my asylum for ideas and thoughts on movies, politics, culture, and all things Bruce Springsteen.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

9/21 - Goodbye Summer

The weirdest summer, truly, of my life. One that made me feel I truly lived in the Bay Area. Especially June, with temperatures rarely in the nineties and often in the seventies. Usually, weather's in the high nineties and low hundreds and we just bear with it. Summer left us today with a high of maybe seventy-five degrees, giving us the hope and excitement for a fall of morning chill, mid-day sun and afternoon breeze. Nothing's better than waking up healthy and happy, stumbling downstairs and making coffee and be chilled until climbing into the shower. Autumn is my favorite season of the year, with the holidays, of course, my birthday and the change of season that is soon to be upon us.

Gearing up for my night in Sacramento next Tuesday. Still looking to take someone with me, though a solo visit will allow for greater nerdiness and stupidity.

What I spun today:

Bruce - The River, disc two. Yes, again.
John Coltrane - Lush Life
Miles - Workin' With...
Coltrane - Giant Steps
Charles Mingus - Pithecanthropus Erectus
Monk/Coltrane - At Carnegie Hall

|