Welcome to my asylum for ideas and thoughts on movies, politics, culture, and all things Bruce Springsteen.

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Damn...

Here:

Where have I been the last several days? Swamped with school, preparing my family for the babies, trying to keep my wife happy and rested, taxes and whatever else has been thrown my way. We had a pre-term labor scare on Easter which more or less turned into a drill to the hospital for us. Everything's fine but WOW!

I can't remember what I've recently posted on. Did I already pick up In A Silent Way? What a mellow but beautiful album. Throwback to college and my introduction to Miles. This album and Bitches Brew, right upon Miles' death in September 1991. That's how I discovered Miles. These two scummy, non-academic students, my dorm next door neighbors, Paul and Bob. I thank Bob for introducing me to some amazing music, including the Allman Brothers Band, but man, this guy sure wasn't a good guy. Anyway...
Stax Records' 50th Anniversary this year!!! A resurrection of sorts as Concord has purchased the label and decided to start things back up. The box celebrating the amazing output of the Memphis label is just stellar. Worth picking up, especially online for only $12. What else? John Coltrane's "My Favorite Things", Jesse Malin's "Glitter In the Gutter" (I think I need to talk about this later) and three nights of the Allman Brothers Band's Beacon run. Holy cow. Great music!

Not talking politics, except that my Congressman came to my school last week. Chris, how do I post pictures? I have some good ones!

|