Welcome to my asylum for ideas and thoughts on movies, politics, culture, and all things Bruce Springsteen.

Monday, February 12, 2007

Part of Lefty's Mixed Bag

"Jazz of the 21st Century"
1. Wynton Marsalis - "Donna Lee" (Charlie Parker)
2. Terence Blanchard - "I'm In the Mood For Love" (Jimmy McHugh)
3. Hank Jones & Frank Wess - "You Made A Good Move" (F. Wess)
4. Paul Motian Band - "Pithecanthropus Erectus" (Charles Mingus)
5. Benny Greene & Russell Malone - "Moment's Notice/Lazy Bird" (John Coltrane)
6. Branford Marsalis Quartet - "O Solitude" (Henry Purcell)
7. Sonny Rollins - "Where Or When" (Rodgers-Hart)
8. Kenny Garrett - "XYZ" (Garrett)
9. John Scofield Trio - "Name That Tune" (Steve Swallow)
10. Christian McBride Band - "Boogie Woogie Waltz" (McBride)

I'm not exactly sure how this whole thing works, but I made a disc and sent it to Lefty. Interested? Head either his or my way!!!

|