Welcome to my asylum for ideas and thoughts on movies, politics, culture, and all things Bruce Springsteen.

Friday, March 30, 2007

Is It The End of the Month Already (Or How I Officially Entered Middle Age)?

Well, It's official. I'm middle-aged. Not that there's anything wrong with it, but I'm there. My wife and I today drove home our new...Honda Minivan!!! The Wagon Queen Family Truckster! You think you hate it now... Actually, I really do like it though I'm not keen on the color. So, I'm going to dump it, put some spinners on and get a flame job on the hood. Some dice in the window and a really loud sound system for those cruises blasting Barney out of the window.

Well, I placed last in Chris' mixed bag competition. Remind me to not make a jazz disc. Ouch! I've picked up some new tunes and am excited to be spinning them. Here goes:

Jethro Tull - Aqualung. Great art rocker from the early '70s. Not too "Yes"-y with a lot of good acoustics.

David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust. What can I say?

Willie Nelson - Stardust. Chris Brown, this one's for you.

John Coltrane - My Favorite Things. Needed it to fill in that 1962 gap. Used for a good price.

Television - Marquee Moon. Where the hell have these guys been and why haven't any of you told me about them? I blame all of you for this. What a travesty. Labeled 'punk' but it's actually good, pop-y rock and roll.

Benny Golson. Cut from 1959 with Mr. P.C., Curtis Fuller and a rhythm section to die for. Looking forward to spinning this one tonight.

Jesse Malin -? New one from rocker/songwriter praised on the Bruce boards. First cut really knocked me out and I'll have fun blasting this one in the car with the windows down.

Also checked out Songbird by Willie Nelson, which was produced by Ryan Adams with the Cardinals backing the Red Headed Stranger. Damn, could one imagine Willie jamming with the Dead? Worth the purchase.

|