Welcome to my asylum for ideas and thoughts on movies, politics, culture, and all things Bruce Springsteen.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

I Can't Wait!!!

Tomorrow evening I'll be in the Paramount Theatre with 3,100 other people listening to Bruce Springsteen sing many of his new songs as well as a host of his classics in a solo acoustic performance that will hopefully top his performance of August, 2003 that I saw with my beautiful wife. Looking at the number of songs that he's been playing and the old ones that he's revamping, tomorrow night should just be an amazing event. I'm rushing out of school, changing at home, flying to my mother in law's where I'll meet my family for a quick dinner, and then shooting off to the Paramount area where I'll have a couple of beers and a peek at the concessions before moving into the old theater where my mom and dad as newlyweds went to see matinees. When telling my dad that I was going to the Paramount, his response was an opening of floodgates of stories of films that he and my mom saw there; "I remember seeing 2001 A Space Odyssey" there, that was big stuff back in the '60s!" Having a family connection with the place will make tomorrow night all the more special. Of all the songs Bruce has been singing, I would love to hear him perform "This Hard Land" and "Racing In the Streets". News at eleven...

|