Welcome to my asylum for ideas and thoughts on movies, politics, culture, and all things Bruce Springsteen.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Man, Oh, Man!

It's been a while since I've been free enough to write and it feels good to stretch the fingers, so to speak. E-bay and a nice 2003 tax return amendment has allowed me to go catch the boys from Dublin this weekend! I'm taking my beautiful wife and two wonderfully close friends to catch my third U2 show of my life. The first time I saw them was the first concert I ever attended; their 1987 Joshua Tree show was absolutely magical and one that I'll never forget. Their 1992 Zoo T.V. was a stunner. With this new album and the early reviews the shows have been getting, I'm hoping for a religious experience.

Speaking of religious experiences, Bruce Springsteen announced that he will play Oakland on May 5. Come Hell or high water I will be at that show. His new album in just three short weeks. Solo acoustic. Ever think that Bruce would be lacking without the E Streeters is in for a treat. Actually, er...Bruce sucks on his own...don't bother trying to get seats...go drinking on Cinco de Mayo that day... :)

The West Wing season finale!!! Oh my gosh! A true nail-biter. Here's what I'm predicting for the first several episodes in the fall: Alan Alda's Republican wins the election; FBI finds that C.J. leaked secrets of a top secret military space shuttle and gets released from the administration; Jeb Bartlett's last action is a presidential pardon. Tonight was great. A bit Hollywood, because only do democratic ideals get espoused in fantasy worlds. The major "exitement" for the show but the most unrealistic part was Leo McGarry getting the V.P. nod. A guy who just suffered a heart attack at the beginning of the season? He'd get eaten alive, especially since the sitting president is suffering from M.S. I don't know...

Off to lesson plan and wish that I had a copy of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame show with Bruce joining U2 for I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For.

By the way, what was the first concert you ever saw?

|