Welcome to my asylum for ideas and thoughts on movies, politics, culture, and all things Bruce Springsteen.

Friday, December 24, 2004

Merry Christmas, Baby!

And you better be good for goodness' sake! May everyone find and experience peace of mind in their hearts and we as a nation and world find it among ourselves. I choose to do so in the name of Jesus, who blessed those who strive for peace, for those who help the helpless, and those who seek to make this world a better place. Whether we find faith, hope, love, or guidance in a supernatural presence or not, may we all just take the time to strive to contribute to the premise of peace on Earth, goodwill towards men. Happy belated Channakuh, Ramadan, greetings! for those celebrating Kwanzaa, and a very happy Saturday for those who will sleep in and not celebrate anything.
I love the holiday for religious reasons as well as the time to spend with people I love. This year has been much more profound, as I have (literally) added one more person to my list of those I love. My little son brings me more joy than anything I've ever experienced, and tomorrow morning, I will spring from my bed, scoop him in my arms, and visit the presents under the tree that Santa Claus left for little W.T.H. and, with my wife, thank God for my family.

Peace on Earth, goodwill towards all people.

|