Welcome to my asylum for ideas and thoughts on movies, politics, culture, and all things Bruce Springsteen.

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Broken Arrow

Had a ticket for today's Bridge School Benefit concert. My friend and I (smartly) chose to pass on the day, with the rain falling all throughout the afternoon and my house needing a good straightening-up. Had I gone, I'd still be there watching the headliner and I'm just not ready to burn the candle at both ends just yet. The family was hit with the stomach flu all week and thankfully, I was the only one not cursed with the dreaded bug. I'm still fighting a cold and have been sleeping little due to my little ones' being sick in the nights. While I didn't go, knowing I'm missing a reunited Buffalo Springfield is pretty tough. So, to recognize the day, I've been spinning:

Buffalo Springfield - epon and BS Again
Judi Collins - Who Knows Where the Time Goes (with Stills all over the album. A lost classic)
CSN - epon
SS - Manassas
Arlo Guthrie - Hobo's Lullaby
Richie Havens - Something Else, Again, R.P.H., 1983
Cat Stevens - G.H.
Van - Moondance
Big Star - #1 Record, Radio City

This Friday, I'm be shooting to Modesto to catch Truth & Salvage open up for Jackie Greene. This will be one tremendous show. I caught Greene with Gov't Mule last year and he's been on my radar since NPR fell all over itself reviewing "American Myth" his first major release. Live, he's edgier and looser than on record, in which he can sometimes be slightly too polished for my tastes. Still a great young musician. Hoping that No. 9 will be the best as it's the last for 2010.

Labels: , ,

|