Welcome to my asylum for ideas and thoughts on movies, politics, culture, and all things Bruce Springsteen.

Sunday, February 08, 2009

Screwed

I posted an 'ad' looking for a general admission ticket for Bruce's 4/1 show in San Jose. Yesterday, I guy on the Backstreets board said he'd sell me an extra; all I needed to do was e-mail him. I did. Twice. Then once this morning. Then, this afternoon, I find the guy re-posts an offer to sell what should have been the ticket I offered to buy. I e-mailed him asking what the deal was and he never answered me. As for now, I guess I'm going to be watching a DVD of his that night. I'm beginning to panic.

My listening habit:
Bill Evans - Portraits in Jazz - just splendid, though nearly ignored as his Village Vanguard recordings are among the most stunning jazz recordings I own.
Bruce - Tunnel of Love
Queen - GH. My oldest child is just loving making the sound effects of the boom-boom clap! intro to We Will Rock You. Too cute. I introduced him to Bicycle Race on the way to church this morning and he nearly fell out of his car seat with the bells and guitar riffs.
Willie Nelson - Songbird. One of his sleeper classics of late. Truly incredible from stem to stern.
Bee Gees - Greatest. That's right.
Aretha Franklin - Rare and Unreleased...
Miles Davis - disc one of Bitches Brew

Watched Laurel Canyon last night. Have been wanting to see this one since its release with Frances McDormand being a favorite of mine. The movie was a bomb; while the performances were well done, something about the script kept the character relationships from being fully developed and the plot from resolving its issues. While Kate Beckingsdale is absolutely stunning to look at, the film just throws her into a bizarre love triangle with Christian Bale and his mother, FD. Sure.

Pixar certainly owes me a thank-you card for all the money I've thrown at it. Probably, pound per pound the most reliable movie studio, Pixar has my sons in love with Cars again. Check this out, this is cute. Visit the connected links if you're really interested in the inspirations for Radiator Springs.

Labels:

|