Welcome to my asylum for ideas and thoughts on movies, politics, culture, and all things Bruce Springsteen.

Sunday, February 01, 2009

Pre-Game Jitters

The Super Bowl is almost ready begin. I was at the grocery store earlier this afternoon purchasing my family's weekly food needs and there were more people at the store buying junk for the game than any other day except for maybe Thanksgiving. I'm glad the game's on Sunday in order for people to be able to worship freely.

Anywho, I'm thrilled for the Boss and the gang to fire off a 12-minute mini-concert. When asked what the performance would be like, Bruce said to imagine getting lost on the way to a regular gig and arriving two hours and forty-eight minutes into the show. What we're getting is the LAST TWELVE MINUTES!!!! Having caught this band five times in the same number of years, that's going to be quite a little gig. We're expected to hear the abbreviation of four songs. I'm guessing two new ones, Born To Run and Glory Days. Shan't be disappointing.

Until then, peruse this from today's NY Times.

Post-game report to come.

|