Welcome to my asylum for ideas and thoughts on movies, politics, culture, and all things Bruce Springsteen.

Sunday, February 01, 2009

The Night In Tampa

Well, I think we can all agree that we caught one of the coolest Super Bowls in history. What a nail biter, eh? I really expected the Cards to pull it out at the end, but...

Bruce opened with a bubbling Tenth Avenue, catching me honestly off guard. Great opener. Lots of energy and the band looked great. Right into BTR, which, while very short, worked well. Working came off quite well, making me excited for a full live rendition. Glory Days was also a great closer with all of the clock flirting and the 'Boss Time' reference. My parents were floored, my wife danced and my kids bounced on the couch. Was it perfect? No, Bruce blew his voice out early. He powerslid right into the camera. He struggled to jump up on the piano. And yet, the energy and power the band delivered (wonderfully helped by the Asbury Jukes' horn section) will make getting tickets tomorrow a struggle. A great night, indeed.

|