Welcome to my asylum for ideas and thoughts on movies, politics, culture, and all things Bruce Springsteen.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Bring On the Night

After heeding the advice of a fellow Backstreets poster, I called TicketB*****d to see what I could find. I was able to find a single lower level seat for the San Jose gig. More of a relief than excitement, I can now rest assured that I'm at least in the venue the first night of the tour. I know this sounds completely greedy, but I'd still like to trade up for a GA ticket, though I'm counting my blessings for just snagging a ticket. I'm also extremely thrilled at the $19 in service fees for the stupid purchase.

I'm shocked, dismayed and saddened about the news of my friend that broke last night. Chris, how could you? Beating up another like you? Chris Brown was arrested for assaulting a singer I'm not even familiar with. I'm just wondering what he was doing in L.A. and not Fresno, where he should have been.

Threw on A Blessing and a Curse by the DBT. They are quickly becoming one of my favorite modern bands though I do know I need to pick up The Dirty South and some acoustic stuff. The three records I have I love. I wish I could listen to them around the kiddies but with sunnier weather, these guys will sound fantastic in the back yard with a beer and a book on the patio.

Short post tonight. Off to grading papers and maybe a little reading. You owe it to yourself, though, to keep this site in your favorites. Sal, who blogged about music at Eric Alterman's site, has his own blog. It's going to drive me broke but for a good cause. Check him out.

Labels:

|