Welcome to my asylum for ideas and thoughts on movies, politics, culture, and all things Bruce Springsteen.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Super Tuesday (?)

Barack Obama sweeping today's primaries on the east coast? Are Democratic voters making more than one statement? Do Americans want Barack? Do they want Hillary gone? Maybe a little of both. John McCain continues to expand his lead over the GOP field, which consists of just Mike Huckabee. I think what the 2008 election primaries are showing is that, if anything, Americans surely are rejecting the right-wing-Bush-Rove-Cheney-currentfailureofadecadedisasterofapresidencyb.s. When the most popular Republican is someone who is at least not a party player. I'm still worried about McCain. I'm also worried about Hillary, as she and her husband show themselves willing to kill the Democrats' chances of taking back the presidency since the last several presidential failures (including Bill's) just to promote her career. She needs to become Senate Majority Leader and take the bull by the horns with a Democratic President and push the nation in the direction it needs to head. She'll be successful there, where she can afford to take some losses while delivering victories. Hillary, do the nation and yourself a favor and stay where you are. Put the party and the nation over your and your husband's ego.

I recently picked up Curtis Mayfield's first solo record from 1970. Instant classic; after listening to it the first time, I wondered why I had never listened to he or the Impressions prior to this year. Two days ago, I ran into the Drive By Truckers' latest record, which one reviewer described being the record of the year just three weeks into 2008. Much better than their latest, which wasn't a slouch by any means, but one that makes me think of Southern Rock Opera or their other, wonderul material. Now it's wait time for the Black Crowes next month. And Bruce's shows in a couple months. With that, I found a link on Youtube with Bruce joining U2 singing People Get Ready and I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For. Those two should put an album out; it would kill...

|