Welcome to my asylum for ideas and thoughts on movies, politics, culture, and all things Bruce Springsteen.

Thursday, November 08, 2007

It's More Than All This...

The economy is going to hit the skids, even worse than it already is. Sub-primes are going to kill things. The dollar's plummeting value. If GM and Chrysler are tanking, things will get worse for many American factory production plants. The nation's morale is lowest since Nixon. We're entering an election cycle that appears pretty uninspiring. I haven't even considered the holidays; I imagine people won't be spending like they did in years past. They shouldn't; their gasoline and cars and groceries and mortgages are all going to be more next year that now.

The Song Remains the Same - coming out in two weeks. I'm curious what the new box set consists of. Is there any new material? Probably not, unless those MSG shows produced anything different from the rest of the tour. Will two versions of the show be available - with and without the film sequences? Will the stuff from How the West Was Won be included in the new release?

The Joshua Tree - I see that the second disc of "goodies" is nothing more than the singles released from 87-88. I originally had all of the singles on cassette but ditched them. These singles were also released as a B-disc on U2's greatest hits package several years ago. This makes picking up the package not such a priority. The DVD also appears to not be an entire concert, at least according to Amazon. That and the price tag of $50 isn't really the way to release material that ten million people already have and probably half are interested in hearing the remastered album. This album took me through many years of my life and when I hear it, which is not that often, it still delivers the emotional and personal passions and rock and roll cravings it did twenty years ago.

Still waiting for someone to give me a review of the latest Eagles album.

Recovering well from yesterday.

|