Welcome to my asylum for ideas and thoughts on movies, politics, culture, and all things Bruce Springsteen.

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Trouble In Paradise

Tomorrow I undergo an elective procedure that will either go as planned or severely wrong. While the risk factor is relatively low, I do wonder just in fact whether this will be my last night of normality.

Today was "Rock T Shirt" day at school, a spirit day put on by the leadership class. Of course I participated but I sure felt like a DORK. A guy in his thirties wearing a concert t-shirt. Yup, just like everyone's uncle who still rants and raves about that one Day On the Green with Van Halen in the early 80s who'll show you the remnants of the shirt he still has. What redeemed the day was one of my students who will go on to make me proud that I teach who was wearing her father's Eat A Peach For Peace shirt. The original kind with the band logo above the giant peach truck from the who-knows-when era. It was old enough that Dickey hadn't hit Warren yet. Anywho, I was pretty darned impressed.

I'm coming down with a cold which hasn't made this week of mid-70s daytimes and mid-40s nights easy. The time change still has my oldest son waking up at 5:30 and my babies crashing early. Argh. Oh well; living proof.

One year from today (God, that long!) we vote to end the Bush era. Where we'll be, who knows but what I would like to surmise is the darkhorse candidates who still have yet to throw their hats into the ring. Front-runner fatigue will set in, someone's sex fetish will emerge, and yet we still have one more trip around the sun before the worst presidency of our history marks its replacement. I've said this the last two elections - I'm getting extremely drunk, either in celebration or mourning.

|