Welcome to my asylum for ideas and thoughts on movies, politics, culture, and all things Bruce Springsteen.

Monday, January 28, 2008

Point and Shoot

I've accomplished my goal - nailing down tickets for both the 4/4 and 4/5 shows.

It's been a while - still bloody sick. Sinus infection gone, upper respiratory infection gone; now it's "just" bronchitis. Last night was the first night in over a week I slept in my bed. Ugh.

Tonight was W.'s final State of the Union address; a bit overarching and overreaching. Does he really think he's going to be able to get Congress to shape up now? When for the majority of his presidency, an out-of-control Congress has been from his party? And why now does he want Congress to behave? Because the Democrats are in power?

Onto bigger and better (well, maybe not better): the primaries. New Hampshire, Iowa, Nevada and South Carolina. Obama's turning up some heat. The Clintons are reminding us just how crappy the '90s were and maybe just how short the last seven years have been. Do we really want this circus to show back up in town? The "Billary" Show is weakening any effort for "change" and "progress" the Democratic Party needs to be making and they will guarantee a victory for the GOP if, not in November, 2010 and 2012. Mark my words. Whenever did Clinton drum up support amongst Democrats saving the BJ scandal? Goodbye, Clintons.

Twenty-two years today and I was on my way to seventh grade pre-Algebra. Where were you?

|