Welcome to my asylum for ideas and thoughts on movies, politics, culture, and all things Bruce Springsteen.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

2/26

Tomorrow will be interesting. See what I had to say in November, now double it. Figure it out. Ugh.

Richie Havens - Mixed Bag
Jimi Hendrix - Band of Gypsies
Joe Henderson - In 'N Out
Miles Davis - Milestones

bits 'o Drive By Truckers, Dylan's No Direction Home, Live at the Gaslight and the Ken Burns Fletcher Henderson disc.
American Idol's lame. It always has been, but the talent's not that strong this year. At least I can get some good reading done while watching it. I just finished Richie Havens' memoir. Only took two days. I quick and enjoyable read, especially about his days in the Village right before the big trip upstate in the summer of 1969. I'm still waiting for the end-all-be-all memoir of the Woodstock Festival. I've read some great things but nothing's that knocked it out of the park. The history was interesting, which I read in grad school. The Europe-only documentaries are nearly as good as the Michael Wadleigh doc, too. I just wish more music was available, but, for the most part, the extent bootlegs consist of music that's either poorly recorded or the capture of music that really wasn't that good.

|