Welcome to my asylum for ideas and thoughts on movies, politics, culture, and all things Bruce Springsteen.

Saturday, February 23, 2008

2/23

I watched The Band's Last Waltz today, enjoying the film, however flawed it may be. To have been there must have been an epiphany. Gotta love Van Morrison's little smurf outfit. My son loved Bob Dylan's long hair.

The Band - The Last Waltz
Neil Young - Tonight's the Night
Sonny Clark - Cool Struttin'
Bob Dylan - Biograph, disc 1
Richie Havens - Mixed Bab (x2)

Just received, via e-Bay, Sweet Soul Music by Peter Guralnick. Can't wait to tear into that one, though I'm thoroughly enjoying Flowers In the Dustbin by James Miller, a writer and historian whose work I've enjoyed.

Hillary's getting negative. Either a perfect demonstration of character or desperation.

|