Welcome to my asylum for ideas and thoughts on movies, politics, culture, and all things Bruce Springsteen.

Sunday, September 10, 2006

At Home, Again

Today we held my son's two-year birthday party and it was wonderful. As a toddler with sugar, lots of people, no nap and a random and weird line of events, he was happy, elated, surprised, over-stimulated, angry and sad and everything you'd expect out of a two-year old with no nap. I was so proud of my little boy today.
Tonight, Funk Shui was the entertainment at the cystic fibrosis fundraiser tonight. The dad thanked us profusely (needlessly) and we pulled both kids who are battling this disease on stage for a couple of songs to sing backing vocals on. During "Brown Eyed Girl" the kids and some adults formed a circle and danced holding hands, singing and laughing and celebrating the breath in their lungs, the joy in their moment. I saw the face of God in that one snapshot of time, with no pain, no fears, no sadness and only the passion of living in the now.
I came home from the gig and kissed my sleeping son, knowing that he'll never know just how many times I've done that and the number of times I'll continue to do so.

|