Welcome to my asylum for ideas and thoughts on movies, politics, culture, and all things Bruce Springsteen.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

On the Home Front

The last three weeks have been crazy busy. Family life is wonderful and keeping me fully entertained. My beautiful son turned two years old yesterday and we celebrated with cupcakes, pizza and a swim at the lake in the mountains. He even jumped off the diving platform to daddy and helped swim all the way back to the shore. He truly is my life's greatest blessing.

The band's firing on all pistons. Two more gigs this month. One's a benefit fundraiser for cystic fibrosis, the second's a bar gig. Hope they both turn out.

I've had some good fortune lately in the local press. Here's one. Here's the second. My head's so big, I needed to widen the doorway to my classroom. Soon, they'll do an article about my prep period. :)

The mayoral race is off and running. Family candidate seems to have a good sense of the media and has managed to be in the papers every week in good stead. No Chappaquiddicks or Marilyns, so all's well! We'll see how things continue to unfold.

Looking to get down to Fresno for the Black Crowes show. Still have a month, though, and who knows who Chris Robinson will give the boot to by then! I wonder why Ed's gone again.

If I had the opportunity to bring one music-related performer/writer/celebrity/historically-connected person to my rock history course, who would it be? How would I contact that person?

|