Welcome to my asylum for ideas and thoughts on movies, politics, culture, and all things Bruce Springsteen.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

8/9/95

Yesterday I was too deep in reflection and a bit of sadness to even write. Say whatever, but for me, this was a tough day for many reasons. I'm just thankful that Workingman's and American Beauty sound better than ever remastered.

Peggy Noonan ripped ol' Bushie Boy a new one over his handling Iraq. Wish I had the link, but it's on Altercation from today. I can't stand this woman and yet I found myself cheering for her today. Read it and you'll agree.

Looking forward to some good music trades in the mail. An Allman Brothers Band show from last month, a Grateful Dead show from '82 (something that will be new to me) and some upcoming Bruce. Not sure whether to make his show something old or new. Haven't been listening to the Boss much lately because I'm a bit spent listening to those acoustic shows. However, in just a week and a half will be the thirtieth anniversary of Born To Run. That'll be my little "Sgt. Pepper's" day where I'll listen to nothing but that one disc. Maybe even on lp, and I'll dig out my live shows and listen to live versions of those songs. Think I'm nuts? You haven't heard Thunder Road until you get the pops and hisses that remind you of your own life and haven't heard Backstreets until you've thrown on March 35, 1977, turned down the lights, cracked a cold beer and you'll ache like she just broke up with you...

|