Welcome to my asylum for ideas and thoughts on movies, politics, culture, and all things Bruce Springsteen.

Thursday, August 04, 2005

I Know, I Know, Shaddap, Chris!!!

I think this is the longest I've gone without blogging, and the inner blogger religion makes me feel guilty that I don't do it. I've been back to work and school is absolutely killing me. A first weekend respite is coming soon, and I'll be taking advantage of it by seeing the Black Crowes in concert. Should be a great one...

John Roberts, the riddle wrapped in an enigma...Hard core right-wing ideologue who does pro-bono for gay rights groups? Have fun with that, MSM!

Bush promotes intelligent design, because he believes that students should have the right to see what all the fuss is about and have the option to choose and debate what they believe in. Announced for next week, Condi Rice will push for students to have the option of taking Algebra II or some bullshit class where, because you don't like the answers in your real math class that either you don't agree with them or are too stupid to work them out, you get to choose the kind of math you believe in. Ironic, isn't it, because the hard core right wing has been screaming that only one version of U.S.history should be taught, that which promotes civic duty and nationalism. Google Lynne Cheney and you'll see that this woman is a frightening fascist.

Bill Frist finally remembers that he's a doctor and a man of science, not someone who'll be pushed around into making any more claims that HIV can be spread via saliva or that people aren't brain dead using video footage. Good job, Bill; just in time for you to start fundraising for that 2008 campaign...

Latest New Yorker has an article on the troglodyte Grover Norquist, who, in stumping the 1970s' (when has ANYTHING from that decade been politically worth keeping around?)idea that all taxes are bad, shows that he's going to hijack the Republican Party because he wants to see everything in this country fall to pot. Rich people shouldn't pay taxes, middle class people have no choice, and poor people can't afford to. So, in wanting to keep things status quo, he'll propose some smoke and mirrors social issue to stir up support for right wing anti-tax nutjobs who'll totally screw the middle class out of everything it stands for in the name of "values" issues. Either a genius or a total nut, but I repeat myself.

How is it that Karl Rove and Scooter Libby can just pass around top secret documents without permission and leak CIA names without getting caught but if schools don't agree to giving up names of graduating seniors to the military, they can be shut down? Maybe a non sequitor, but damnit, I'm pissed now!

My boy's waking up and I need to go. He's almost a year old now. Amazing.

Oh, by the way, Rod Stewart was greater than the Rolling Stones ever were from 1969 to 1974. Don't believe me? Buy his box set Reason To Believe. Sorry Mick and Keef.

|