Welcome to my asylum for ideas and thoughts on movies, politics, culture, and all things Bruce Springsteen.

Monday, January 31, 2005

Goings and Comings

Man, I must say that I love eBay for the opportunities to pick up cool things that I'm interested in. However, to browse the site and see the number of U2 tickets for triple, quintuple, even ten times the amount of face value is a crime and a tragedy. To see scalping agencies from all over the country posting "Great seats - only five hundred bucks - behind the stage!" crap makes me angry. I understand that not everyone can see their "favorite" band, but in such cut-throat, predatory circumstances such as these, many won't be able to. Adam Smith's "invisible hand of self-interest" surely is the blatantly visible hand of pure selfishness.

Oh well, on another note, rumblings about Bruce's new album abound on Backstreets.com. A possible release date of April or May, with a schedule of dates from theaters to sheds to arenas? Already?!!! My wife doesn't need to hear this! Rumors make it out to be an E Street Band retirement party for and by the members. "Tom Joad-ish" is mentioned a lot, which can't be bad at all, and dates with and without members seems interesting but fun. I CAN'T WAIT!!!! It sounds bad, and I know that we all have our principles, but for live Bruce, I'd be willing to break all (legal) rules and see him as many times as my wife will allow me before calling a lawyer or cop.

Let's raise our glasses and drink to the chimes of freedom ringing in Iraq, regardless of whether or not this test (legitimate or not) actually takes. For no one's sake, especially President Bush, but for the people of the country in which we've destroyed, I hope that this is a first step towards a better life. Here's to lobbyists, apathetic voters, political infighting and a loser from Baghdad University becoming the nation's next president!

|