Welcome to my asylum for ideas and thoughts on movies, politics, culture, and all things Bruce Springsteen.

Friday, July 16, 2004

Martha My Dear

Martha my dear
though I spend my days in conversation
please remember me Martha my love
don't forget me Martha my dear
 
Hold your head up you silly girl
look what you've done
When you find yourself in the thick of it
help yourself to a bit of what is all around you
Silly girl.
 
Who would have thought that The Beatles on the White Album would have nailed it thirty-six years ahead of schedule?  Let's all pause and take this time to cry a little river for the ice queen, Martha Stewart, who like Ken Lay, Andy Fastow, Jeffrey Skilling, did nothing wrong but is taking a little five month vacation at Club Fed.  Don't fret, guys, she'll be out in time for the major Christmas line up.

|