Welcome to my asylum for ideas and thoughts on movies, politics, culture, and all things Bruce Springsteen.

Monday, September 17, 2007

Highs and Lows

High - I talked to my friend Steve tonight for the first time in a while. He makes me miss living in Fresno.

High - the beautiful weather we're experiencing in Brentwood. I wish I could teach my classes outside.

HIGH - I scored General Admission floor seats for the Bruce show on 10/26. This very well could be the craziest show of his I've seen. Then again, that Concord show blew my doors off.

Low - some plumbing disasters that kept me scrambling, swearing, bleeding and the walls of my house dripping until 10:00 tonight.

Low - my water softener, which is in my attic of all places (WTF?) is adding to my plumbing woes.

Low - my seniors are not only low-skilled but lazy. The number that simply refused to do easy reading as homework was approximately 4/5.

LOW - the number of seniors who will fail simply because they didn't meet a district-mandated community service requirement that they've had six months to work on.

HIGH - the ticket prices I paid to see Bruce.

High - the Internet connection speed my work computer has that allowed me to nail some choice tickets.

|