Welcome to my asylum for ideas and thoughts on movies, politics, culture, and all things Bruce Springsteen.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

He Did It*

Barry Bonds slugged number 756 deep into the right field bleachers of AT&T Park tonight. Forever embroiled in controversy, Barry Bonds' claimed use of steriods supposedly will stain his record and make people question his and others' roles in baseball history. If we're concerned about drug use and professional sports, we should look at the Oakland Raiders from the late 1960s through the early 1980s. Granted, drug use was not for professional enhancement but personal recreation, but if Barry gets the boot, teams and players across history should as well. Ty Cobb? John Matuzak? Lyle Alezado (sp?) just to name a few? Nice shot, Bonds. Keep slugging.

There's a slight calm before a hopeful huge storm. That is, the anticipated news of Bruce's new album and following tour dates. I'm still crossing my fingers for October. I'm slated for an elective surgery and I just received news that an opening wouldn't be available until the holiday season, so I shouldn't have to worry about being out of commission for the West Coast run. Thank goodness. More on that later.

While I haven't hit the holiday road like Chris Lefty Brown or made any of the Allman Brothers Band's current run, I have been enjoyed the recent cold spate in the Bay Area that's allowed us to spend time with the windows open, the music playing and the hope that fall shows up a little early. School's doing well so far, too. I've also been withdrawing from the political hullaballoo and b.s. in the news, so my blood pressure's a bit lower. Now, if I could just put together another band...

|