Welcome to my asylum for ideas and thoughts on movies, politics, culture, and all things Bruce Springsteen.

Monday, May 14, 2007

Rushed Choices

With Rush's latest release, Snakes and Arrows, recently hitting the shelves, here are my faves with the band's back catalogue. The band's been going since the early '70s; I've been listening to them since the early '80s. Here goes:

Rush: Finding My Way
Fly By Night: By-Tor and the Snowdog
Caress of Steel: Bastille Day
2112: The Temples of Syrinx
A Farewell to Kings: Xanadu
Hemispheres: La Villa Strangiato
Permanent Waves: Free Will
Moving Pictures: Limelight
Signals: Subdivisions
Grace Under Pressure: Red Sector A
Power Windows: Manhattan Project
Hold Your Fire: Time Stand Still
Presto: Show Don't Tell
Roll the Bones: Ghost of a Chance
Counterparts: Animate
Test For Echo: Resist (hard to even think of one)
Vapor Trails: I'm going to have to take a pass; I can't remember a single song

What the "best" or most important songs are on each album, I've been a fan for too long to know that I've changed my mind so many times already. Circumstances or pt. II of Hemispheres? YYZ or Red Barchetta? What about the live albums and how many memories came with A Show of Hands?

Enough Rush. Tomorrow, politics and why God hates Republicans, the United States and George W. Bush.

|