Welcome to my asylum for ideas and thoughts on movies, politics, culture, and all things Bruce Springsteen.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

More May Milestones

My babies are now one month old and I must say I'm more deeply in love with them than ever. We're sleeping through the night for the most part and I'm getting in the ballpark six hours or more of sleep a night. Can't tell with the terrible grammar, though. Anyway, life's been pretty good.
School ends in just six work days. I'm really looking forward to sloughing off this skin and growing a new one. I think I can confidently say that this year was the worst year of my professional career, problems with my work site and all. I guess I am tooting my own horn in saying, though, that last week, I was voted by this year's senior class as the most influential teacher of their high school careers. That was rewarding, until an administrator told me that during dead week I was to take a day off of school to create a pacing guide that's already been written. Anywho...
I've been trying, trying TRYING to be a good boy when it comes to penny pinching. I'm really concerned for my family's financial health now that it's nearly twice as big as it was just a month ago. However, how to handle:

Bruce's new double live album and DVD
Wilco's new Sky Blue Sky
Traveling Wilburys' two cds with a DVD to boot (next month)
Joshua Redman's new stellar disc
anything from My Morning Jacket
The Dirty South by the Drive-by Truckers
The upcoming Susan Tedeschi/Derek Trucks dual headliner concert next month
impending E St Band tour in the fall...

We'll see.

Summer plans. I need to make them. What to listen to, what to read, what to fix or change around the house, what to see, where to travel. I always get such high hopes up and then drop the ball. This summer I'm being smart and creating a list of two things. I want to take my oldest son to the Jamestown Train museum with his cousin and go camping in our tent with him. He's really growing up and trying to handle being a big brother. I give him go much loving that I think he's beginning to understand that he's my number one even though the babies are getting such attention. I wanted to take him to see the wayward whales this Memorial Day weekend but they decided to swim down river and almost to the ocean. Shoot!
Loving Lefty's Circle of Friends May disk. Those Beasties...

|