Welcome to my asylum for ideas and thoughts on movies, politics, culture, and all things Bruce Springsteen.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Bless You, Sam Cooke

Not only was November 7, 2006, my mom's 60th birthday, but

City of Brentwood Mayor
Vote For 1
(WITH 32 OF 32 PRECINCTS COUNTED)
ROBERT "BOB" TAYLOR . . . . . . . 4,659 47.71
ANNETTE BECKSTRAND . . . . . . . 2,866 29.35
ANA B. GUTIERREZ . . . . . . . . 2,208 22.61
WRITE-IN. . . . . . . . . . . 33 .34

So, it's 2:30 in the morning and I'm a bit drunk, but we've had a good day. And, the Democrats took control of the House and are possibly poised to take the Senate. Iraq, corruption and Bush: those are the three biggest reasons why voters turned out yesterday. We can argue over the order of those three issues later. I'll pontificate when better rested later.
I'm so terribly proud of my father, my mother, their campaign crew and all of the people who turned out to vote in yesterday's election. Of course I'm giddy because of the results but if nothing else, the city of Brentwood showed me that democracy still can and does matter.

|