Welcome to my asylum for ideas and thoughts on movies, politics, culture, and all things Bruce Springsteen.

Saturday, June 21, 2008

What I Spun Yesterday

Lee Ann Womack - There's More Where That Came From
Southside Johnny - I don't Want to Go Home/This Time It's For Real
Van Halen - VH
The Cars - first album
Rocky Horror Picture Show Soundtrack
AC/DC - Back In Black
Garth Brooks - No Fences
Prince - Purple Rain
Otis Redding - The Dock of the Bay

A couple of days ago, I received a post from websheriff or something. Apparently, my comment about a couple of Van Morrison shows drew attention from the site. I visited the site and from what it looks like, the net can be used to hunt down illegal activity. Kinda eerie, don't you think? I understand and deeply respect artists who crack down on pirating and illegal activities. My discs were acquired as gifts and I can not attribute the source of the music. I also didn't pay for them. Does anyone else know what the websheriff actually does?

Thank you, Tom Colton, for your insightful comment from yesterday's post. I do agree, in a sense, that supporters of the Democratic Party and Obama need to be careful of any political entity's plans for governing. I may disagree with your point but agree in encouraging active participation to make sure that the Democrats carry out the will of the people and not completely that of the powers that be. At least it won't be a kakistocracy.

|